Bleary Eyed

~Bleary Eyed



Wednesday, April 05, 2006
So surgery is going well...still sleep deprived but having a good time in the OR. I got to do laparoscopic surgery today. I drove the camera and one of the graspers. Got to navigate my way into the abdominal cavity, shove aside the liver and do an abdominal exploration. hehe...only catch wqas that my patient was no ordinary patient, but a big pink pig. YUP, a pig that we intubated after putting it under with general anesthesia, lol. I was cordially invited this evening by my attending to attend the laparoscopic lab session, so I worked with one of the surgical fellows who helped me stick the scope into the stomach to excise a lesion within the stomach. heehee...kinda hard with all that grass in that pig's tummy. Still so much fun . Who'd have thought my first laparoscopic experience would be on a pig! lol :) had to share....
Comments: Post a Comment
Books: Fiction

Anil's Ghost
Michael Ondaatje


The Alchemist
By Paulo Coelho


Books: Non-Fiction

Oasis of Dreams
By Grace Feuerverger


Betrayal of Trust
By Laurie Garrett


Pathologies of Power
By Paul Farmer



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com