Bleary Eyed

~Bleary Eyed



Saturday, February 11, 2006
GUAMANIAN BANKS and US geography knowledge
So I went to the bank to deposit a check from my dad which was drawn from a bank in guam. The tellers wouldn't let me deposit it! They kept insisting that since it was a FOREIGN check they would have to send it to collections and in 2 mo i would get hte money from it and they wanted to charge me a 150 dollar fee. I argued for about a half hour with this teller that GUAM was a US TERRITORY and the fact that the address on teh check had a US zipcode should tell them that. They didn't believe me, they kept asking me where it was in the US, i told them it's part of micronesia in the pacific, so they asked if it was part of Hawaii. lol. so i had to talk to the manager who knew that guam was a US territory, but even then didn't know if they were allowed to deposit checks directly from a Guamanian bank. So he called the National banking office who talked to collections..and FINALLY 1.5 hrs later I got my check deposited. ARRRGGHHH what a waste of time! lol. in any case. this branch of Huntington NOW knows that Guam is a US territory in the Pacific Ocean.
Comments: Post a Comment
Books: Fiction

Anil's Ghost
Michael Ondaatje


The Alchemist
By Paulo Coelho


Books: Non-Fiction

Oasis of Dreams
By Grace Feuerverger


Betrayal of Trust
By Laurie Garrett


Pathologies of Power
By Paul Farmer



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com